Monday, April 11, 2016

The Iron Butterfly, (trilogy) by Chandra Hahn

Book 1: The Iron Butterfly
4.5 Stars
Age: High School and up

Chanda Hahn is really one of my favorite authors, despite her numerous editing errors.  Her stories are strong enough to overlook some of the wording problems.

Book 1 builds a strong foundation of characters and gives them mostly believable obstacles in a fantasy world.  Her relationships are strong and her character reactions have a touch of selfishness that makes them seem like real people

There is torture and violence, but without it, the story would fall flat.  There is a clean romantic thread and no foul language.

Book 2: The Steel Wolf
4.5 Stars

This one is actually my favorite of the three.  This is the book where Thalia discovers what she can do and figures out where her heart lies, even though she doesn't know it.  The characters are just as strong and the story is full of action.

There is a continuation of violence, but still clean.

Book 3: The Silver Siren
3.5 Stars

This is my second time reading this, and I will say that it was better this time than the first.  My main docking of stars comes from one inconsistency with Kael and the bond they have, he disappears for half the book.  Its redeeming factor is that it wraps up well.

There is war and romance, but nothing I wouldn't let my children read when they are old enough to understand.

All in all, I would recommend this series to anyone, they are fun, entertaining, and clean.  As long as your mind can fill in a few missing words.

No comments:

Post a Comment