Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ruby Red (trilogy) by Kerstin Gier

5 Stars
Age: 15 and up

Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green

Usually I do a rating for books separately, but this time I'm going to lump them all together.

I love these books!  They are full of intrigue and suspense and mystery, the plot is wonderfully thought out and each book is a page turner.

I love the fact that it centers around secret society's and time travel without pulling in religious themes.  I have a hard time when people write stories that turn religion into fiction, my sense of sacrilege is higher than most.

All three are entertaining, funny, and based on a solid foundation.  I found next to no inconsistency's and the ending was one of complete surprise.  I have read this trilogy several times and each time I try and look for the clues that I missed before. 

Overall a clean read.  There is a love story, a few make out scenes, and a fair bit of fighting.  Only a handful of swear words; I would be fine with my children reading them.

Highly, highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment