Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole

3 stars
Age: Adult

To tell you thee honest truth, I didn't even finish it.  I first downloaded the sample from Amazon, I'm hesitant on romances.  The beginning started out so sweet and sad!  It probably wasn't a good thing for me to read about someone dying from cancer just two weeks after losing my dad to that battle.

It started out all sweet and innocent and morphed into a little bit of manageable smut.  Then he moves away and things change when he comes back.

Then it turned into a sappy mess!  There was a lot of swearing that felt forced and underage smoking that everyone was oddly OK with, and a ton of kissing, which I knew there would be from the title, and I'm OK with, but there was so much confessing of love, and the chapters were super long.  There was another scene of light smut and that is when I decided I was done.  It has a sweet story line, but it's just not for me.

It's not one I would knowingly let my daughters read.  I'm not OK with a lot of the behaviors it portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment