Thursday, April 21, 2016

Foil Packet Grilled Meatloaf



Grilled Meatloaf

I love meatloaf, but I detest ketchup.  If you choose to ruin yours with a glaze, be my guest, just omit the seasoning salt.

In the summer I hate heating up my oven, so last year I decided to try something new, I had gotten a new grill for Mothers Day and was all up for experimenting, now I am wondering why I haven't done this for the last...ever!

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Hamburger
1 cup Breadcrumbs (or 3 slices of bread broken in tiny bits)
1 cup Milk
1 Large Egg
1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Ground Mustard
1/2 tsp Ground Sage
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1/2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
Seasoning Salt (I use Lowry's brand)

In a large bowl mix everything but the seasoning salt together.  Cut 2 large sheets of tinfoil and lay them in opposite directions on top of each other (like a plus sign.  This is both for strength and just in case a hole gets poked).  Dump the meat mixture in the middle and shape into a long loaf shape.  Wrap tightly with seams on top.  Put on pre-heated grill for about 20-25 minutes.  Open foil packet and lightly sprinkle the seasoning salt on top.  Let it rest for five minutes so the juices re-distribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment