Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tomato Bisque Soup (4 Ingredients and Easy!)



I love Tomato Soup!   This soup is creamy, tomato-y and savory.  Even my picky 6 and 3 year old kids clean their bowls with this!

A few years ago I was introduced to Tomato Bisque while eating lunch at work, and ever since I have been trying find ways to recreate it.  I happened onto a recipe a while ago, but it was complicated and dirtied a bunch of dishes and then you had to blend it in batches to get rid of chunks and took way more time than I wanted to spare.  I created this recipe on a happy accident and it turned out almost identical to the one I have been searching for and only took a fraction of the time!

Ingredients:

2 24oz Jars of Mezzetta brand Homemade Marinara Sauce*
8oz Cream (1 small carton heavy whipping cream)
1/4 cup finely shredded Carrot
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Pepper to taste.  (No salt, the sauce has salt already and the parmesan gives it the savory flavor)

Dump the jars of marinara sauce into a large saucepan.  Add in cream and carrot (I use a tiny cheese grater or a microplane to grate mine). Bring to a simmer until the carrot is soft, stirring often.  Add in parmesan cheese and stir until melted into the soup.  Serve hot and enjoy!

* I have been trying out many different kinds of Spaghetti sauces for two reasons: 1- My husband hates it.  2- I have become very aware of ingredients and what is good and what is honestly unnecessary.  I found this Mezzetta brand and saw that the ingredient list is pure ingredients, there are no preservitives, and no high fructose corn syrup.  Just real ingredients.  I made it into spaghetti and after trying the sauce I thought wow, this would be a good soup just by itself...lightbulb... and here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment