Friday, May 13, 2016

The Selection by Kiera Cass

4 Stars
Age: 15 and up

I've put off reading this book for a long time, I didn't think it sounded all that good.  But like I have mentioned in other posts I have been going through a dry spell with good books.  So when it was suggested to me again I decided to give it a try.

This book was flat out enjoyable!  I love it when the heroine follows her own rules and doesn't care what the 'betters' think.  I found myself grinning in several parts at America's actions.  I will most definitely be reading the rest of the series.

Other than excessive paragraph breaks within quotations I thought the book was well thought out and her writing style is easy to follow.  There is humor and intrigue, people you want to love and people you want to slap.  I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Content: There is less than a handful of light swearing and a few make out scenes.  Overall clean, I would be fine letting my daughter read this.


No comments:

Post a Comment