Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Wake by Amanda Hocking

4 Stars
Age: 14 and up.
*** I no longer recommend this series for any age ***

This is the first book in a couple of weeks that I actually enjoyed. The fantasy is solid, the characters are mostly believable, and there is an actual plot that's not very predictable. (Can you tell I've been through a dry spell?)

The ending surprised me and also left me wondering what is going to happen, I will be checking out book two when I go to the library next.

I wish there was a better division between perspectives, but all the perspectives were a good thing, it added to the sub-plot which really starts to build in this first book.

There are a few swear words, and some kissing.  There is a touch of graphic descriptions concerning a crime scene.  I would let my teenager read this.

***Edit 5/20/16***

I recently started book 2 "Tidal"

I was disgusted!

Heavy swearing including F- words.  I closed the book halfway through after there was a deal for sex.  I didn't even finish book.  I no longer recommend this series!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment