Monday, June 6, 2016

The Trials of Apollo 'The Hidden Oracle' by Rick Riordan

3 Stars
Age: 16 and up with a good moral discussion before and after.

I have mixed feelings about this book.

I thought it captured the same charm that the first Percy Jackson series had which was refreshing because I HATED the Hero's of Olympus books.  My downfall to this one was the constant references to homosexuality and the flat out flirting between Nico and Will.  For me that warranted the loss of 2 stars.

Content:  no kissing, no love scenes, no swearing.  Excessive gay references.  I probably would not let my children read this which is a shame, because it had the potential to be a seriously cute, awesome, fun book.  But I dont feel it was appropriate for the age it is intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment