Thursday, July 7, 2016

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

4 Stars
Age: 12 and up

Jessica Day George writes extremely well for the young young adult group.  Her books are clean and full of intrigue.  This one fits right into that bill.

I will admit I have never read or honestly cared much about the 12 dancing princesses, so I had no base story to fall back on.

I enjoyed this book enough that I will read the rest of the series.  It was a much different approach to a fairytale than I am used to and because of that I'm not super sure what to say about it... There was a lot of magic and mystery and a plot that wasn't entirely predictable which was nice.  I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fast, interesting read.

Content: Squeaky clean. No foul language of any kind, only one kiss and it is very chaste  I would be perfectly fine letting my tweenagers read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment